Patient Experience Surveys
The government directs that patients should be empowered to rate hospitals and clinical departments according to the quality of care they receive – including the new NHS Friends and Family Test. In addition NHS Trusts need to be open about their mistakes and inform patients (and the public) if anything has gone wrong.
Patient experience information, generated by the patients themselves, and an increase in Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs), will be critical to this process. An example of best practice is to obtain information from patients using questionnaires – either on handheld devices, touch-screen, patient kiosks, tablet PCs, on the web, or on paper. All of which are designed to track the patient experience in real-time and feedback information to a central database, hospital system, or integrate with electronic patient records.
With clinical audit and patient experience departments seeing a dramatic increase in both the volume and breadth of support they are expected to provide, without receiving a corresponding increase in budget and resources, NHS Trusts need to automate their patient experience information collection and patient surveying processes. The challenge is able to collect and distribute valuable patient data – generated either by the clinician or the patient – when resources and time is limited.
Formic makes it easy to capture data in a way that suits:
- Paper data capture with scanning
- Online data capture (web forms)
- Mobile handheld devices (tablet PC, PDA, mobile phone, touchscreen)
- Kiosk (fixed or mobile)
Our software comprises three modules that reduce the time spent at each stage of the survey process: Survey Design, Data Capture, Analysis and Reporting.
Collected data can be fed in to Patient Administration Systems (PAS), Microbiology or Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS) and Infection Control Management (ICM) systems such as ICNet or simply exported to Microsoft Access, ASCII, XML, ODBC or SPSS for rigorous statistical analysis.
Find out more
- Formic Friends and Family Test Solution
- More about Formic Fusion Software.
- Formic Health Brochure – Clinical Governance Solutions (PDF)
- Putting the Patient in the Centre of the NHS (Whitepaper)
- Your Journey to Improving the Quality of Patient Care Starts Here (PDF)
- Developing and Implementing Care Pathways (PDF)
- 1-2-1 demonstration meeting
- Contact us