Formic's flexible technology delivers multichannel patient experience surveys quickly and at scale, and is used by over 200 NHS and public sector customers to turn patient experience data into insight and provide the foundation for immediate and sustained quality and service improvement.
Available onsite, hosted or as a completely managed solution, our patient experience software validates data on entry and is fast, accurate, and works across paper and digital channels to deliver reliable data capture, analysis and reporting for care providers across health and care settings.
Formic supports paper, online, tablet, kiosk and touchscreen formats, and has the ability to synchronise surveys across these channels so that responses from one or multiple organisations are consistent and fed into a central database to make analysis straightforward.
Our solutions also allow users to build and design an unlimited number of their own surveys, or choose from an extensive library of templates. Survey authors can select from a range of inclusive response formats, such as large print and child-friendly images, to ensure the maximum number of replies.
Customers get real-time access to the data collected, with nominated personnel being able to access the responses securely from a desktop or mobile device. Formic is ISO27001 certified and works safely and securely with your IT systems, and can either be installed on your organisation’s IT infrastructure, or be hosted and accessed via the cloud.
As well as supporting patient and staff experience surveys, our technology can help you deliver Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs), Patient Reported Experience Measures (PREMs), and Patient-Centric Outcome Measures (PCOMs), as well as the Friends and Family Test and clinical audit.
NHS trusts using Formic include Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, Birmingham Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Healthcare Improvement Scotland, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust and The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Find out more about what Formic can offer in our FAQs.
- Enables users to design multiple surveys on numerous formats, and feed results into a central database.
- Can be used with paper, online, on mobile or tablet, on touchscreen or via kiosks.
- Easy to complete, with multiple languages and response formats available.
- Question validation and routing, with surveys able to be completed at a later date.
- Fast data collection and processing with paper results scanned in minutes not days.
- Multi-level real-time reporting by specialty and location, using a visually appealing dashboard and including multiple data format exports.
- ISO27001 certified and Information Governance Statement of Compliance (IGSoC) compatible, underpinned by secure user management and UK datacentres.
- Features full training and a highly-regarded support service with free software upgrades.
- Minimal resources required to set up and manage.
- Onsite, hosted, or completely outsourced.
- Comes from a renowned and reliable supplier with extensive healthcare experience and high customer satisfaction.
- A flexible and intuitive solution that is quick to roll out, easy to use and fast to deliver results to boost morale and identify service improvements.
- Real-time feedback and analytics at organisation, ward or department level, across care settings including accident & emergency, maternity and paediatrics.
- Able to provide reports suitable for Unify2 submission.
- Used heavily by many acute hospitals, for patient experience, the Friends and Family Test, and clinical audit.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) compliant, and relevant for the Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) process.
- Simple to use with other systems, and comes with extensive training and support.
- Easy to use and administer, with multiple language and display options so that surveys are as inclusive as possible.
- Works with common practice software and simple to implement.
- Able to support unlimited patient experience and Friends and Family Test surveys, as well as revalidation and clinical audit.
- A quick, accurate and efficient way of identifying patient views to inform service improvement.
- Able to feed all data into a single database, even if paper and electronic forms are used.
- Secure and compliant with relevant NHS information governance frameworks.
- Able to provide reports via a familiar dashboard that can help support trend analysis, equalities data and specific key performance indicators (KPIs).